How to Use E Liquid
E-Liquid is liquid that electronic cigarettes vaporize to synthesize the smoke found in a traditional cigarette. E-liquid comes in a large variety of flavors, and the nicotine content of the liquid varies. Using e-liquid and e-cigarettes as an alternative to nicotine and smoking respectively can feel intimidating, but it is actually easier than you might think. E-liquid and the electronic cigarettes they are used for are restricted to consumers ages 18 and up
Method1 \ Choosing an E Liquid
1 Know the difference between PG and VG e-liquids. E-liquids have a base of propylene glycol (PG) and/or vegetable glycerin (VG) with added flavoring and, of course, nicotine. In some cases, e-liquids do contain a bit of both glycerin types
- E-liquids have varying ratios of the two bases but having an understanding of their qualities will help you choose brands that cater best to the experience you wish to have.
- PG is commonly used as a base for most e-liquids, but might cause discomfort for consumers who are allergic, which VG based e-liquid products offer a great alternative to.
2 Use VG-rich e-liquids as an alternative to PG-rich products. They are the more natural way to get your nicotine fix because it is not chemically produced and is a 100% derivative from vegetable oils.
- Its thicker nature means more satisfying and thicker vapor than PG-based alternatives, but also means more frequent maintenance and cleaning of the device.
- Its sweeter aftertaste also slightly alters the flavor profile of most flavorings added to it.
3 Choose an e-liquid based on your personal preferences. If you are indecisive about whether or not about the ratio of PG/VG you’d like to go with, choose a mix of the two: 50/50 PG/VG or 60/40 PG/VG.
- Pick an e-liquid with a ratio of 80/20 PG/VG or 100%PG if you want your vapor to have more flavor and a stronger hit.
- If you want less hit and more vapor, choose an e-liquid with an 80/20 VG/PG ratio or 100% VG
4 Determine the amount of nicotine your e-liquid needs. This evaluation is dependent on how much of a smoker you were before deciding to use e-cigarettes. This is important because heavier nicotine will be needed to satisfy strong cravings, a trait that will level out over time.
- Heavier smokers will need to replicate a cigarette more so their nicotine needs can be anywhere from 24 mg on up.
- To curb mild cravings, moderate smokers will need anything from 12-18 mg of nicotine in their e-liquids.
- Light smokers can fall between 3-6 mg as far as e-liquid nicotine needs.
- 5 Try out different flavors.Use the trial sizes that companies typically offer to find out if your preference is spicy over fruity or fruity over sweet. Experimenting to find the flavors you like is a never ending process so have fun with it.
Method2 \ Putting the E-Liquid in Your Device
1 Open the bottle of e-liquid. Shake it first because the "vegetable glycerin", which is one of the main ingredients in E-liquid, is heavy and can settle at the bottom of the bottle
- Proceed to add approximately 20 drops to a brand new cartomizer or atomizer.
3 Be sure that there is no liquid getting into the center of the tube. The liquid should be hitting the wall only.
- Do not try to fill the e-cig tank while it is still connected to the battery; make sure that it is fully disconnected.
- New tips will require more e-liquid because they are dry and need to be saturated, this will take at least a full minute.
4Let the tip (cartomizer or atomizer) set for 1-2 minutes. Doing so once the liquid has been added ensures that the liquid can saturate the internal fibers.
- When the tank of the e-cigarette is full, screw its mouthpiece back on.
- From there, screw the tank onto the battery. Make sure that all components are
screwed together tightly.
Method3 \ Using E-Liquid with Your Device
1 Charge your e-cigarette. Before using your e-cigarette for the first time, make sure that it is charged to its full capacity by charging it for 10 hours.
- Normal charges afterwards will take 2-4 hours.
- Charge the battery until the light turns green. After that, remove it from charging to prolong the battery’s ability to charge over time.
2 Assemble the device together. Despite the slight differences in makes and models, most e-cigarettes tend to have the same components.
- Screw the atomizer and battery together. Remove the protective cap from the cartridge and then attach it to the atomizer.
- If the e-cigarette you’re using comes with a cartridge that’s pre-filled, it will be ready to use.
3 Press down the button or switch of your electronic cigarette. Inhale as desired from the mouthpiece, and the atomizer will become activated.
- The e-liquid will heat and begin to draw from the cartridge so that you can breathe in its vapor.
- This will be the only time you will have to switch on the e-cigarette. Most of them work automatically and are in standby mode because the battery is attached and charged.
4 Smoke from the e-cigarette as you would a normal cigarette. Take long, calm puffs to get a good amount of vapor with your inhales. Drags can be drawn directly into your lungs.
Method4 \ Using E-Liquid to Quit Smoking
1 Pick an e-liquid for your vaping pleasure. For people trying to quit smoking, choose a nicotine level lighter than the amount of nicotine in the cigarettes you typically smoke. Below is a general idea of the e-liquid you should choose based on your usual cigarette:
- If you smoke ultra-light cigarettes, pick an e-liquid that has 8 mg of nicotine in it.
- If you smoked light cigarettes, choose an e-liquid that has 11 mg of nicotine.
- For smokers who smoked regular cigarettes, choose an e-liquid that has 16 mg. This is often the most commonly chosen nicotine level for e-liquids.
- For full-flavored cigarette smokers, pick an e-liquid that has 24 mg of nicotine in it.
- If you smoke unfiltered cigarettes, pick an e-liquid with 36 mg of nicotine.
2 Create a plan to reduce the nicotine level over time. Every two or three months, adjust the e-liquid you’re using to one with a nicotine level lower than the one you’re currently using.
- For example, if you’re using an e-liquid with a 16 mg nicotine level, choose an e-liquid that has 11 mg of nicotine.
- Work your way down until you get to the zero nicotine e-liquid. Be prepared for small symptoms of withdrawal as you slowly decrease your nicotine levels.
3 Think of the e-liquid as you would the tobacco in a traditional cigarette. Inhale as many drags from the e-cigarette as necessary to have your needs fulfilled. The nicotine in the e-liquid will act as a healthier substitute for traditional cigarettes.
Sample Image Gallery + Lightbox
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui. Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue.